Wowee- what a weekend! I am still pinching myself at the extraordinary baby shower I was thrown by the generous owners, Aaron and Meg, of Campbell Point House and their suppliers. What started as an invitation for my family and friends to enjoy the biggest, pimped out, castle in Victoria for the weekend (yes Campbell Point House is like a French Chateau. Think Versailles and that’s what you get. Oh did I mention the pool house, sauna, helipad, masterfully manicured gardens, pool and tennis court?), turned into the baby shower to end all baby showers!
Campbell Point House’s preferred suppliers jumped on board to style me one heck of a baby shower. The entire day my guests and I kept having to pick our jaws up off the floor with how gobsmacked we were with the result. Not knowing what the gender of our baby is, I left it to Meg and her team of wonder workers to style the entire event from stationery, dessert bar, entertainment, high tea menu, floral arrangements, giant glitter letters, furniture- you name it! The attention to detail was BEYOND.
So here are a few of my favourite things (well everything was a favourite but these were the super, duper standouts):
– Firstly, the styling by Belinda from The Three Piece Suit was bang on. I loved the shade of green she selected and how she worked with Georgie Stanton’s floral wizardry to accentuate this. The stationery design by JD Silva Design was exceptional and I adored the motif of the day “B is for Baby” and how it was used in the giant B light centrepiece and every piece of stationery. It anchored the entire look and brought it all together. I also loved how Belinda guided her cake and macaroon suppliers to create scrumptious goodies which fitted the theme perfectly. The little green feet on the white cupcakes were a standout.
– The Salted caramel filled, green macarons with gold leaf from Macarahrah were pretty sublime and the choc mud cake and mint icing dessert jars with spoons went down a treat! Thank you Cupcake Occasion.
– The mix and match of blue and pink teacups along with crystal goblets filled with my favourite flowers in aromatic roses and peonies were so lovely. The blooms were just heavenly and the presentation exceptional. Thank you Georgie Stanton
– Can we talk about the GIANT, sparkly letters by Soiree Darling? How ridiculously, decadently over the top faboosh?! Loved these! Imagine them in your garden wedding?
– The dulcet tones and acoustic guitar of Matt Baird from Geelong Entertainment. Matt played and sang some chillaxed tunes to perfection and really set the mood for the day. It was so nice to hear him playing in the background while we mingled, ate, mingled, ate some more. Oh and then we went back to the dessert bar again and again and again.
-Did I mention the drinks bar complete with mocktails (for me) and Cosmopolitan cocktails (for everyone else)?
– The welcome hamper from Style Perfect Hampers and flowers from Botanica were pretty spesh too and got our weekend off to a great start!
– And a huge thank you to Lauren from Gazelle Photography for capturing the day and mood so beautifully. All of these images are by her (and thanks for working around my grumpy two year old who was well in need of his midday sleep!)
Here is my list of everybody who made the day possible. A huge thank you to Cara and her staff for looking after us so well on the day. xox
Venue and catering: campbellpointhouse.com.au
Event Floral Design: georgiestanton.com.au
Styling, dessert bar, drinks station: thethreepiecesuit.com.au (who also organised the cakes, macaroons and stationery)
Hampers and Bonbonniere: styleperfecthampers.blogspot.com
Photographer and Photo Booth: gazellephotography.com.au
Giant Letters: soireedarling.com
Welcome bouquet: botanicafreshflowers.com.au